1) Online Academic Tutor Position
Tutor.com is looking to bring on additional Online Academic Tutors for rewarding work that can make a difference. Tutor students from around the world from the comfort of your own home. Online tutoring is one of the top work-from-home positions. Our service operates 24/7, which gives our Tutors the flexibility to set their own schedule. Our clients are both public and institutional so Tutors do not need to perform any business development. We bring our clients to you!
We are accepting applications for the following subjects: College Essay Writing, Nursing (master’s required), and Accounting.
To find out more on how to become a tutor, please visit http://www.tutor.com/apply
2) Mentor Manager Position
The Mentor Manager works as part of the Mentor Management team coordinating the work of senior mentors, mentors, quality control reviewers, and provider support systems to reinforce Tutor.com’s commitment to high quality in every session and to provide leadership on issues related to online education. The Mentor Manager is responsible for managing the performance of tutor mentoring teams, identification and preparation of tutor resources, and other special projects as they arise.
- Supervise and support Senior Mentoring teams through review of feedback, review of disciplinary action recommendations, guidance through difficult situations, follow-through of administrative actions required to properly maintain a mentoring team, problem-solving, and general oversight of the team quality.
- Identify, develop, organize, and coordinate resources for tutors, mentors, and senior mentors.
- Coordinate with the tutor recruitment team to evaluate the quality of applicants through effective applicant testing, mock session evaluation, and complete reviews of applicant skills.
- Analyze quality control and tutor performance issues and propose new procedures, resources, and best practices.
- Special projects as they arise.
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience at the secondary or post-secondary level preferably in a public school setting and/or at least 4 years’ experience teaching or tutoring in the online environment in one of the following academic areas: math, science, test prep, humanities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail while managing several projects at the same time.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
- Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suite of Products especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience using GoToMeeting software or similar technology a plus
- Able to work well in a team environment and to motivate team members
- Available to work above and beyond the normal working ours should the need arise
- Highly motivated and shows initiative to solve problems, learn new skills, recommend changes, and take on additional projects
- Solid understanding of and agrees with Tutor.com’s educational approach
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Preference given to applicants who have experience developing and/or writing curriculum in at least one of the following academic areas: math, science, humanities, standardized preparation.
- Online tutoring experience a plus
- Preference given to current Tutor.com mentors and tutors
- All candidates must be US residents and legally eligible to work in the US.
- High-speed internet access required.
- Competitive Salary
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Disability (short and long term) options
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid vacation time
- Holidays, personal/sick days
- Free online tutoring for family
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth, advancement, and leadership within an innovative and growing company
Location: This is a remote position.
Please send your resumes to HRFORMS@tutor.com.