Exclusive Non-Competitive Online Recruitment Event
January 16-26, 2018 (More Information Here)
VA’s Office of Community Care (OCC) is looking for qualified Veterans (Veteran Recruitment Authority, 30 percent service-connected disability, or Schedule A) and Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A) to fill over 50 positions in Denver, CO.
Step 1: The candidates who are interested in the jobs annotated in this message will need to upload their qualifying information into the USAJOBS website PRIOR to the deadline of January 26, 2018.
Please insure that all candidates are prepared for this event by properly uploading their documentation for each job for which they wish to be considered. The following documentation will need to be uploaded in the USAJOBS website:
• Current Resume [Must include series, grade, step, starting and ending dates of employment (month and year) and hours worked per week, salary information and in describing your experience be clear and specific].
• DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with Statement on the Character of Service, if applicable
• VA Disability Letter, if applicable
• Schedule A Letter, if applicable
• Copy of all transcripts with awarded or conferred date (required if qualifying based on education; unofficial copies are acceptable), if applicable
• SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, www.opm.gov/forms, if applicable
• OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, www.opm.gov/forms
*Proof of Disability
Eligibility for appointment under this Schedule A (5 C.F.R. 213.3102(u)) authority consists of:
Proof of Disability: An individual wishing to be hired under this Schedule A (5 C.F.R. 213.3102(u)) authority must provide proof he or she is indeed an individual intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities. This proof must be provided to the hiring agency before an individual can be hired. This proof may be in the form of documentation obtained from licensed medical professionals, state or private vocational rehabilitation specialists, or any Government agency that issues or provides disability benefits.
Step 2: Review the Job Opportunity Announcements and apply to positions listed below that you are interested and qualified for.
These entry level jobs offer a great starting point in a federal career and within an organization that offers substantial upward mobility for outstanding employees.
The following USAJOBS links are to the positions and grade levels for which we will be hiring.
Accounts Receivable Technician, GS-0503-04 (Denver, CO)
Contact Representative (CSC), GS-0962-05 (Denver, CO)
Program Analyst, GS-0343-09 (Denver, CO)
Program Support Clerk, GS-0303-05 (Denver, CO)
Voucher Examiner, GS-0540-04 (Denver, CO)
Step 3: What to Expect Next Once You Have Applied to an OCC Non-Competitive Exclusive Job Announcement:
• Once you have applied, your electronic packet will be evaluated by a member of our staffing team to determine eligibility based on a special hiring authority (VRA/30 Percent/Schedule A) and qualifications for the position.
• If you are determined eligible or ineligible, you will receive an automated Notice of Results stating the position and grade.
• If you are referred, you will receive an automated Notice of Results stating the position and grade.
Step 4: Prepare for the Interview (Invitation Only) –February 07, 2018 event
• Referred applicants will be contacted by the Selecting Official between January 27-February 06, 2018 to schedule an onsite interview to be held on February 07, 2018.
• Be on time!
• Be prepared as the Selecting Official will only attempt to contact you three times and if you do not respond you will be annotated as “Failed to Respond.”
Step 5: Selected
• Will be contacted by the main office and be given a tentative offer of employment; firm offer contingent upon a reference check and background investigation