Operations and Programs Manager
USO Denver is excited to host Portraits of Love again this year! This is a USO program sponsored by the Imaging Alliance that connects military families with the talents of professional photographers, resulting in a free family photo shoot. We will be working with military families from all branches and all components (active duty, currently serving national guard and reservists) of the military. USO Volunteers will be onsite assisting with check-in, and supporting our photographers.
This year’s event will be on Saturday, February 24th and will be hosted at Mike’s Camera, located at 759 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO. Pre-registration is required and the number of spaces is limited to 60 families. Please sign-up to reserve your space by visiting https://usodenver.
We also ask that you are courteous to other military families and our photographers by keeping your commitment to this event or cancelling your appointment no later than 48 hours in advance so that we can provide this opportunity to as many families as possible. Each year we’ve had over 30% no shows, that’s not fair to families who want to participate or to our photographers, who are donating their time and talent for this program.
How Does the Program Work?
* First, go online to register for a photo session. Please only choose one time-slot.
* Attire is entirely up to the families, uniforms are always a fantastic addition to keep in mind.
* We’ll have two studio sets onsite, so we’ll be able to accommodate as many families as possible and end up with some wonderful photos.
* Mike’s Camera has an onsite lab and will also print images for each family right there before you leave your session.
* Once the day’s sessions are complete, and the photographers have a chance to review everything, each family will receive an email link to all of their images.
* Please plan on arriving 10 minutes before your session for check-in and plan on staying 20-30 minutes after to receive your complementary prints.
* No purchase is necessary to participate at any point. You will receive the rights to the digital images, and will be allowed to print or share them with anyone you choose.
For a video about a similar event please visit: https://www.facebook.
Disclaimer: This program is only available to us one time per year per location and scheduling is dependent upon the sponsor, photographer, and studio space availability. We understand, and apologize that not everyone will be able to attend due to military service commitments, family obligations and available space.